We are open - safety is our top priority!
Establishing good oral hygiene practices early in your child’s life is one of the best ways to encourage lifelong health overall. Some dental issues can adversely affect your physical health, so ensuring that your child has regular dental checkups as well as regular pediatric checkups can promote good overall health.
All of the dentists in our offices in Orlando are skilled at working with children. Pediatric dentistry is a specialized field of dentistry that requires a minimum of two additional years of specialized training. One way our children’s dentist in Orlando helps parents is by providing techniques and tips that will encourage good dental habits in your child. Our dental group offices in Orlando strive to provide high-quality, affordable dentistry for kids. Call our office at (407) 278-5356 today for more information or to schedule an appointment with a children’s dentist.
At What Age Should My Child First See A Dentist?
According to the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry, a child should be examined by a dentist whenever the first tooth has fully erupted, sooner if there is a problem. A child with one tooth can develop a cavity and two adjacent teeth can become decayed if they’re not properly flossed.
Kids dentists indicate that baby bottle tooth decay is a frequent problem and it’s caused by parents sending their child to bed with a bottle or sippy cup that contains juice or milk. Both of these drinks are high in acid and sugar and can be very damaging to the teeth. Dentists recommend that you never put your child to bed with a bottle or sippy cup and that the child brush their teeth immediately before bedtime.
What Happens During Your Child’s First Dental Care Visit
During your first visit to our dental care offices, your dentist will examine your child’s teeth and jaw to determine if there are any issues. This exam can be done from your lap or from the dentist’s chair. Most children don’t require x-rays but if your child does, we can take them.
What Services Can I Expect for My Child?
Our goal is to provide quality kids dental care. We keep current on the latest advances in pediatric dentistry. Some of the ways we help your child maintain a beautiful smile include the use of the following services:
- Teeth Cleaning: We’re very adept at getting children to open wide when we do a teeth cleaning.
- Fluoride Treatments: We have a topical fluoride treatment that absorbs into the tooth enamel and makes the surface less susceptible to cavities.
- Dental Sealant: An enamel sealer is a thin layer of plastic that covers the teeth and helps prevent the onset of decay.
- Pediatric Crowns: Small fractures and chips can be repaired by using a durable material that will restore function and appearance to the damaged teeth.
- Filling: If your child has a cavity, a baby filling may be necessary in order to save the tooth.
- Mouth guards: According to the American Dental Association, a mouth guard should be used by any child who is engaged in sports, whether it’s a high contact sport like soccer, football, or boxing, or another type of sport like ice skating or gymnastics. Using a mouth guard can significantly reduce the risk of broken or loosened teeth or having a tooth knocked out and it will protect the face and jaw.
Providing educational information and responses to commonly asked questions, like:
- At what age do baby teeth usually come in and is it all at once?
- At what age do baby teeth usually fall out?
- What causes such severe toothaches in my child?
If you’re looking for a children’s dentist in Orlando, we specialize in quality, affordable kids dental care. Dentistry for children is one of the many services we provide. We want to help your child establish a lifelong habit of good oral hygiene, so call our office today at (407) 278-5356 and schedule an appointment.